Famine Way Walking Tour App – developed by Return2Sender
Famine Way App: February 2022:
Now that, it is technically Spring, why not download our latest tourism/leisure app to help you make the most of Ireland’s National Famine Way.
The National Famine Way is a 165km self-guided Trail detailing the ill-fated journey of 1,490 famine emigrants who walked from Strokestown Park to ships in Dublin in 1847, at the height of the Irish Famine.
The trail begins at Strokestown House in Roscommon and ends on the quays in IFSC Dublin 1.
According to https://nationalfamineway.ie/, ‘with its captivating layers of history and culture, the Trail will give you a truly immersive experience’ and the app we developed builds on that with audio, video, mapping and GPS features all in sync with the map as you make your way along the tour.
The app has the following features:
- List view showcasing all of points of interest along the trail
- turn by turn navigation and geo mapping to help you find your nearest stop along the trail
- video explaining each of the sites along the way
- audio snippets narrated by Stephen Rea explaining each of the sites and history
- Amenities listing what is available at each site
Here’s a video showcasing some of the features:
You can find out more information here on the official website. https://nationalfamineway.ie/
The app is available on iOS and Android from your app stores- search for ‘The National Famine Way’